Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cutting your portions

As my lunch time approached at work I got to thinking about my eating habits. I know as well as anyone that the reason I am overweight is because of bad eating habits. Believe it or not the best way to lose weight is to cut back on your eating and exercise. It took me over 40 years to learn that but how could I portray that my grandkids so they don't have to wait that long to learn. As I stared at the office equipment in front of me the paper cutter caught my attention. Placing my salad on the cutter I took a picture to send to my granddaughters.

"Are you remembering to cut your portions?" I asked. As I thought about it myself I had to first answer that question myself. "Am I cutting my portions?" Honestly and truly I haven't been cutting my portions like I should. I've been able to cut out sugar but those extra portions are still a treasurer I just don't seem to want to give up.

We live our Christian lives that very same way. We gladly give up the things that aren't that precious to us. Its easy to hand over the parts of our lives we really don't care about. Its the things we want to keep that are hard to give up. In order to teach my grandkids the things they need to benefit their lives I need to demonstrate it myself in my own life. The letting go of the things that need to go and keeping only that which truly is needed to survive.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for dropping in for a visit.