Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Yo God, Lifter of My Head

God is a shield around me, the lifter of my head Ps 3:3

As I get out my weights to lift this morning I think of the scripture from Ps 3:3 where it tells me God is a shield around me, the lifter of my head. As I got started in my exercises the more I tried to lift the weights in my hands the repetition of doing it over and over made the weight even heavier.

Soon what started out at a pretty good speed has slowed down to a great effort to get them even two inches into the air. It was here as I tried my best to get the weights up as high as possible that made me think of God being the lifter of my head.

I began to wonder for the many times my head was in need of lifting if God ever got tired and worn out. Finding Himself totally fatigued to the point He just couldn’t lift it any higher than two inches from its down position. Suddenly with that last thought a smile came upon not only my face but my heart as well. Instantly I knew what I had just described were my efforts to raise my chin not God’s.

 It doesn’t matter how many times He has to do it, His arm will never grow weary, and the weight of our chin will never be too much for Him.

“Yo, God. I like that idea. As much as I would like to blame the fact I have too many chins to hold up there are never too many for You. You are a shield around me to protect and keep me safe from myself as well as Satan. Thank you for Your love and the strength You give me to go on. May You forever be the one who is the lifter of my head and the shield that will always surround me. I love you Lord.”

© 2014 Karen J Gillett @ Pencil Marks and Recipes Publishing Journey on Our Knees

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for dropping in for a visit.