Monday, December 16, 2013

Yo God

Some of the best things to meditate on when we are exercising our body are things that will exercise our spiritual lives as well. The following are statements from the 16th and 17th century from the Puritans who were really in to giving God the glory and praise due His name. They were also good at self-reflection and taking at look at themselves and see what needed to be fixed, what was good, what could be added and so much more.

So think about these things as we reach out to say once more, "Yo, God....."

•Teach me to praise, adore, and magnify Thee with the music of Heaven and make me a perfume of praiseful gratitude to Thee.


•Help me walk the separated life with firm and brave steps and to wrestle successfully against weakness.


•Give me the power to live as Thy child in all my actions and to exercise sonship by conquering self.


•Lead me safely on to the eternal kingdom, not asking whether the road be rough or smooth.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for dropping in for a visit.