Thursday, July 5, 2012

Stepping out in faith

Looking out over the tip of this boat makes me think of Peter and the disciples journey across the lake they were on. All must have seemed fine until they saw Jesus walking on the water towards them. Peter spoke up and said, "If it's really you Lord then tell me to come to You on the water." Without hestitation Jesus said, "Come" and Peter got out of the boat.

As I work on my daily disciplines I can't imagine being so disciplined in my faith that I could step out out of this boat and start walking across Walton lake towards Jesus. Whether our faith walk begins off the side of a boat walking on water or at the the treadmill working out each day the journey still carries the same purpose. Stepping out in faith and continuing to walk forward keeping our eyes on Jesus.

At my last doctor's appointment I was told my blood pressure was too high. Hoping to keep myself from adding more medicine to my daily intake I am going to try to lose ten poiunds by my next appointment in August. To some that seems like a simple task but to others its as scarey as thinking about stepping out of this boat in an attempt to walk on water.

We need to remember that to man some things are impossible but to God all things are possible. I have to rely on God's strength to get me thru mixed with my own desire to be obedient to God and glorify Him with my actions. Actions of discipline and living intentionally to care for the temple He has set up in me the day I asked Him to come into my heart years ago.

One day at a time, one discipline at time. Moving forward in faith and progress with my eyes on Jesus not anything else.

In love W.I.T.H. Jesus,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for dropping in for a visit.