Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Yo, God. My Turn to Lift

As I prepared for my morning Yo, God class I began to warm up by slowly lifting my weights. First the right arm then the left, I slowly warmed up to the task at hand. 
In the midst of my warm up the idea of the scripture I wanted to use came to mind. It was a scripture dear to my heart already which I used many times to get me through rough spots. It was Psalms 121:1-3 "I will lift up my eyes to the hills---from whence comes my help? My help comes from The Lord who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber."

As I lifted my weights ever so slowly at first I thought of lifting my eyes to the hills. In the area where I live we are surrounded by gorgeous mountain ranges. Big ones, small ones, some that are snow-capped and others that are not. It's not the mountains themselves that I look to but the one who created them. As I look to them I am reminded of what we both have in common. It is the fact we share the same creator. 

It is to our Creator we lift our eyes. At first, like the weights in my hand we might start out slow but with time we become much faster. The more we practice the better we become at lifting our eyes to God as we come to realize He is our helper. A helper who never slumbers nor sleeps. 

As with the weights in our hands, we are lifting, are there to help us so is God spiritually. The thing about the two of them is the fact that some lifting is required. The weights will do us no good if we don't lift them frequently. The same with our eyes. If we don't frequently lift them to God and acknowledge who God is, our helper, it does us no good. 

Too often we are the ones who are at slumber or rest not God. We slack off on our task at hand which is to lift our eyes to God. We get busy lifting our eyes to a new car, a movie we love to watch, money, drugs, alcohol, or other false idols and it drives us away from where we need to be. 

We fail to acknowledge it is often our turn to lift that which does us the most good and that's our eyes. The first thing in good communication is eye contact. Many of us have heard it from our parents when they were trying to talk to us or scold us saying, "look me in the eye when I am talking to you."

This is all God is asking of us. To look Him in the eye. We don't need the view of the snow or the green and brown terrain. We need to look at the Creator of this wondrous artwork, God himself. 

Praise be to the one who never sleeps. Praise be to He who is the Creator of all.

 Love you God and thanks for never slumbering. Indeed it is my turn to lift. 


Copyright Jan 2015 Karen Gillett @ Pencil Marks and Recipes Publishing



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for dropping in for a visit.