Sunday, April 13, 2014

To, God

Today for our "Yo, God" class the scripture God lead me to meditate on is:

But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy; in fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple. Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; Make Your way straight before my face. Psalm 5:7,8

In this scripture the phrase, 'but as for me,' shows a lot of strength. It is someone who knows where they want to go and are in no need of following a crowd to get there. Boldly you can hear them state that in spite of what others were doing they chose for themselves to come into God's house of mercy to worship Him out of reverence fear and respect. 

As I lift each weight I hold in my hands and slowly stretch out my arms I think to myself, "Wow! I can't think of a better place to pick than to be in God's house of the multitude of His mercy." In the world we live in we could all use a multitude of mercy. However, the thing to meditate on right now as we stretch our heart as well as our muscles is to think about what he did once in the house of mercy. 

Instead of entering grumbling and complaining he came to worship. This is where we go wrong. We think because life is dragging us thru all sorts of pain that we have the right to come complaining instead of worshipping. Wrong indeed. Even in the midst of pain there needs to be worship. 

We need to focus on what God is capable of doing instead of what life has done to us. Once we worship the next step is to surrender our lives to The Lord asking for Him to do the leading. 

Leading in His righteousness not our emotions or complaints. Leading in a way strait before our face that we can see to follow. As I was about to set down my dumbbells and call it a good mediation and exercise session something caught my attention. 

The scripture read I will come "in" the house of The Lord "in" the multitude of God's mercy. In God's mercy we enter. We don't enter on our own. 



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for dropping in for a visit.